Why Social Media is a Digital Marketing Tool ?
Social media has transformed the way people interact and do business with one another. Businesses use social media to increase brand awareness, connect with clients, and promote their products and services.
Consumers use social media to get deals, learn about new trends in their favorite niche or industry, and stay connected with friends and family members they don’t see very often.
The marketing potential of social media extends beyond both of these groups, though: businesses can use it to market to other businesses, while consumers can use it to market themselves as well as products they want to see brought into existence through crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.
The Old Model
- When you think about digital marketing, social media may not be one of your first thoughts.
- After all, it’s only been around for about fifteen years. But it wasn’t that long ago that digital marketing and online marketing didn’t exist at all!
- And now digital content—posts on social media platforms, blogs, videos hosted on video-sharing sites—is driving more traffic to businesses than any other type of content or link.
3 Ways Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Are Great for Businesses
- What makes digital marketing so great is its flexibility. There are thousands of tactics and strategies to utilize when it comes to digital marketing.
- Because there are so many options, businesses can test their ideas against one another and implement only what works best for them.
- However, social media should definitely be at the top of your list when it comes to digital marketing tools.
How Advertisers are Using Social Media
- It’s no secret that big brands and large companies have used social media to their advantage.
- Today, nearly every major brand has an official Twitter or Facebook account, while most post content on Instagram and Pinterest as well.
- They’re using these platforms to engage with customers, generate buzz about new products or services, foster brand loyalty and — yes — advertise their products and services directly to consumers. In other words: content marketing.
Video Has Taken Over
- We’re just beginning to grasp what video can do for business—it’s also our biggest opportunity for social media marketing management.
- In 2022, more than 2 billion hours of video will be watched daily on Facebook and Instagram alone. Social networks now account for 69% of all mobile traffic globally, and mobile consumption has overtaken desktop consumption in 10 countries. That means that people are increasingly spending time watching videos on their phones—and they expect them to be high-quality and optimized for quick loading times.
The Real Reason People Use Social Media
- Social media can be used to market your business, but it’s not because of what you think.
- The average consumer doesn’t mindlessly sign up for social networks. People use social media because they want to connect with people and businesses they care about.
- That’s why social media marketing strategies are more effective than generic content marketing strategies—because they focus on creating authentic, real relationships between brands and their customers.