Content is King: How Digital Marketing can Help You Grow Your Business
If you’re thinking about creating digital marketing content to help grow your business, you might be wondering what exactly that entails and how you can use it to your advantage.
While it will require some time and effort on your part, content marketing can be incredibly valuable in helping you increase visibility and attract new customers—both in the short term and the long term.
If you’re ready to learn more about how digital marketing can help you grow your business, keep reading!
What digital marketing means
- Digital marketing isn’t just for start-ups and fast-growing businesses. It’s an increasingly powerful way to build your business—and we think it makes sense for even small companies, too.
- Digital marketing consists of two main channels: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). SEO refers to techniques that enhance how a company’s website appears in search results.
The potential reach of social media
- According to Pew Research Center, 67% of all U.S. adults use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media site at least occasionally.
- More than a third of those users (37%) check in several times a day; 20% say they visit their preferred sites several times an hour.
- It’s clear that social media isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and businesses have recognized its importance in getting your brand out there to grow your business through Digital Content Marketing.
- It makes it easier for you to share content with a wide variety of people who are interested in your industry and connect with like-minded individuals across various platforms.
The power of video marketing
- Video marketing has become one of digital marketing’s most popular and successful tools.
- It’s easy to see why. According to Statista, more than 80% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video related.
- That’s a lot of people on their phones watching videos! Since viewers spend more time on websites with videos embedded in them, it’s also clear that when you add a video to your site, you get greater visibility and traction than if you only use photos or text for content creation.
- And there are plenty of ways to create a powerful video for your business -- there's no excuse not to try!
Other features of content marketing
- Finding, reading and sharing content, as well as sharing information through social media, are integral to content marketing.
- However, they are not enough to build a successful business. That’s why digital marketing has emerged as an effective way to reach more people, convert more leads and boost sales.
- Understanding digital marketing fundamentals will help you better market your products or services online. Here’s a list of some common practices used in digital marketing.