banking jobs in UAE | ADIB - Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank careers
ADIB - Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank announced, through its Linkedin account, a bank job in uae (Head of Sanctions) according to the following:
- The Sanctions Lead is responsible for the development and implementation of the Group-wide (including branches, subsidiaries, and ADIB Sudan, Iraq and Qatar compliance program relating to Sanctions laws and regulations.
- The role entails overseeing the Group Compliance Sanctions’ policies & procedures, periodic review of the Sanctions program, and ensuring breach of applicable Sanctions compliances are escalated to the Global Head of FCC on a timely basis.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Group’s Compliance strategy within the Sanctions teams remit in GCD and COC to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage and lead the Sanctions team by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximise performance.
- Support the Compliance Governance & Assurance team in acting as an SME on developing and delivering Sanctions related training.
- Provide guidance and on the job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing sessions for GCD and COC Teams.
- Identify Sanctions team resource shortfalls against the GCD capacity plan.
- Act as a role model to direct and indirect reports to drive adherence to organisational values and ethics and foster a value-driven culture within the Group.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Finance, Business, or a related subject. ACAMS certification or equivalent.
- 12+ years of FCC experience focussing on Sanctions gained at a top tier international bank, which includes 5+ years of experience managing large and complex Sanctions teams.
- Experience in advising or working in a Compliance function with a focus on delivering a robust Sanctions compliance program.
- Strong track record in dealing and managing regulators and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with impact, build healthy professional connections, influence outcomes, simplify complex topics into actionable recommendations for decision-making.
- Exceptional knowledge of all aspects of Sanctions and the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Exemplary knowledge and understanding of international and cross border rules and regulations (such as OFAC, UN, and EU sanctions regimes, FATCA, FATF, and BIS).
- Ability to perform innovative thinking to solve complex problems with no established precedence while balancing risk, speed, and accuracy.