banking jobs in UAE | Standard Chartered Bank emirates careers
Standard Chartered Bank announced, through its Linkedin account, a bank job in uae (Senior Credit Manager, Corporate Institutional Banking, UAE) according to the following
- Assess the credit risk profile of the CCIB banking portfolio, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing any risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
- Perform stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications. Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible scenarios.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging the business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite.
- Direct appropriate responses to material events or other risk issues that come to the Senior Credit Manager’s attention.
- Responsible for the second line of defence responsibilities related to Credit Risk. Role includes responsibility for final credit decisions as per delegated authority for CCIB lending portfolio. Key responsibilities summarised below.
- Support the Chief Credit Officer / Senior Credit Officer in planning the development of risk parameters for UAE and MENA NPCs according to Risk Appetite and Policy Frameworks and documents in the relevant Portfolio Guidelines/Risk Appetite Mandates.
- Support the Chief Credit Officer / Senior Credit Officer in the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Align the strategy of the Risk function with business strategy and risk appetite and oversee its execution.
- Identify, measure and monitor material risk affecting the CCIB portfolio in the context of the external market environment.
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Risk function.
- Maintain and develop the Credit risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing needs and plans.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. CFA, FRM certification preferred.
- Relevant experience in Corporate Banking credit risk management, credit analysis, credit approval, client origination or portfolio management role
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently manage a portfolio of accounts and run with new deals / transactions with minimal supervision
- Enjoy decision making and have sense of ownership, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets, risk appetite and portfolio management.
- Languages: English.
- C & I Credit Risk.