How to Do Email Marketing: A Beginner's Guide
Do you want to grow your business? You may have thought of sending out an email marketing campaign but are not sure where to start.
Starting an email marketing campaign can seem intimidating if you’ve never done it before, but don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be hard, and I’m here to help!
This beginner's guide on how to do email marketing will teach you everything you need to know about how to do email marketing, from starting with your list, to writing emails that get opened and even how to avoid the spam folder! So what are you waiting for? Read on!
- If you're new to email marketing, you may be wondering what it is and how it can benefit your business.
- Email marketing is a form of digital marketing that allows businesses to communicate with their customers via email.
- By using email marketing tools and following best practices, businesses can effectively reach their target audiences and promote their products or services.
Craft your emails
- To get started with email marketing, you'll need to create a list of subscribers. You can do this by having people sign up for your newsletter or by collecting emails from existing customers.
- Once you have a list of subscribers, you'll need to create email marketing content that is relevant and engaging.
- Some email marketing best practices include using images, personalizing your messages, and providing value-added content such as coupons or discounts.
- You can also use email marketing tools to automate and track your results.
Get their attention
- You only have a few seconds to make a good impression when someone opens your email.
- So how do you make sure your message stands out among all the other emails in their inbox?
- By following some email marketing best practices, you can ensure that your messages will get noticed and help you achieve your digital marketing goals. Here's what you need to know about email marketing.
Personalize your messages
- You've probably received a few marketing emails in your inbox before. But what is email marketing, exactly?
- Email marketing is a way to reach out to your customers and potential customers by sending them messages directly to their inboxes.
- The best way to do email marketing is to personalize your messages. That means, don't just send out generic emails that could apply to anyone.
- Instead, take the time to write something specific for each person on your list.
- You can include their name, mention something you know about them, or even ask them a question. Just make sure that each message feels like it was written just for them.
Write long enough emails
- When you send out an email, you're essentially marketing to someone.
- Whether it's a potential customer, a current customer, or even just a friend, you're trying to get them interested in what you have to say.
- So, what is email marketing? Email marketing is simply the process of sending out emails with the intention of getting people interested in what you have to say.
- Of course, there's more to it than that. You need to have a plan and know what you're doing if you want to be successful.
Keep it simple and clear
You want your email marketing campaign to be successful, but you don't know where to start. Luckily, it's not as complicated as it seems.
For starters, make sure that your emails have an enticing subject line and clear content. You also need to use tags and links when appropriate so people can find what they're looking for in the future.
Here are some great tools that will help with email marketing best practices like writing templates and tracking which ones work best:
- Sendgrid is a free service that helps send emails more efficiently with less errors.
- Moz offers many email templates for common messages like thank you or shopping cart abandonment.
- AWeber lets you do automated follow up emails with specific schedules based on different kinds of triggers like number of days since purchase or number of days since last contact.
Set up an autoresponder series
- An autoresponder series is a sequence of emails that are automatically sent to your subscribers over a period of time.
- This is a great way to nurture your leads and build relationships with your customers. Plus, it can help you sell more products or services down the line.
Send emails at the right time
- You want to make sure you're not bombarding your subscribers with emails, but you also don't want to send them so infrequently that they forget about you.
- The key is to find a happy medium. Timing your emails can be tricky, but it's important to get it right if you want your email marketing campaign to be successful.
Choose your subject lines wisely
- You want your subject line to be eye-catching, but also relevant to the contents of your email.
- Be careful not to make your subject line too long, or you run the risk of it getting cut off in recipients' inboxes.
- Keep it short and sweet while still giving recipients a sense of what they can expect from reading your email.
- Try to avoid complicated phrases like What is this email about? as well as obscure abbreviations such as OTP. Not everyone is familiar with these terms, so you may end up having some people asking for clarification.
Keep track of your stats with Hubspot
- It's important to keep track of your email marketing stats so you can see what's working and what isn't.
- Hubspot is a great tool for tracking your email marketing stats. You can see how many people opened your email, how many clicked through, and more. Plus, it's free!