The Top 5 Qualifications for a Digital Marketing Career
|The Top 5 Qualifications for a Digital Marketing Career - insh20.com|
You’ve heard of digital marketing and the work it can do for your company, but you’re not exactly sure what it involves.
There are plenty of people who do have this knowledge, but they usually know at least one of the following skills: seo, social media marketing, content marketing, and even public relations.
You don’t have to become an expert in each skill to learn about digital marketing; just by learning about these five key skills can help you succeed in this growing industry.
1) Web Development
- We’re living in an increasingly web-based world—to reach your intended audience, you’ll need to be active on websites like Twitter and Facebook.
- With web development, you can code custom themes, making these interactions more effective.
- Your clients won’t have to worry about where they’re going online because you know all there is to know about SEO, content marketing and digital marketing strategy.
2) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO is how you get your website ranked on search engines like Google.
- It can be difficult to master, but it’s often considered one of most essential skills needed to have a successful career in digital marketing.
- If you’re looking to break into digital marketing, start by brushing up on your SEO skills—you can find tons of great resources online.
3) Content Marketing
- To be an effective digital marketer, you need to be able to create content that is actually valuable.
- The best way to do that is through content marketing—producing interesting material (articles, guides, etc.) that is relevant and useful.
- Content marketing can help you build relationships with customers and establish your brand as a thought leader.
- If you have a knack for creating compelling material, content marketing will be an easy (and fun) skill to develop. It can also help establish yourself as an expert on your topic and give potential clients something extra when they choose you over another provider.
- Even if creating articles isn’t one of your strengths, there are still plenty of ways you can use content marketing skills in digital marketing positions; it just requires some creativity.
4) Email Marketing
- Email marketing is, hands down, one of digital marketing’s most effective tools. It helps you build valuable relationships with your audience.
- Its reach is unparalleled and it’s easy to implement once you have your email list established.
- If you want to be successful in digital marketing, you need to know how to use email marketing effectively. Here are three tips that will help get you started.
5) Technical Writing
- Here's an interesting one: more and more marketers, who have been slinging content for years, are finding that their skill set is incredibly valuable to tech startups.
- The demand for writing expertise has grown immensely as technology has become pervasive—you're reading one right now! What's nice about having technical skills is that they can transfer easily across disciplines.
- As you become better at digital marketing, you'll naturally start applying your skills to all kinds of fields like social media and content marketing.
- If you're going to be working within or launching companies with digital products, technical writing may be just what you need to stand out from other candidates.